Wayne Hatter here and before we get into the benefits of YouTube, I must say that it is an honor to be a guest blogger for Mr. Clifton Hatfield. He just had a brand new, baby boy… so if you would… Leave a comment and congratulate him on a job well done and Mrs. Ashley Hatfield as well.
Ok, now down to business.
YouTube Search: What Are People Looking For?
People search the web for many reasons.
One of the biggest reasons is because they are looking for help or to solve a problem. The first place that people usually go for information is Google. After all Google is the number one search engine in the world.
Now check this out! YouTube is the now the second largest search engines in the world (Google being #1). So What…?
Well, people are becoming more and more visual and they don’t want to read. Hence, YouTube is where they can see the solutions to their problems rather than read about it.
So what does all this mean for you? Basically, it comes down to this. If you have a business, then you have the power of YouTube!
The benefits are crazy amazing if you choose to use YouTube for one of your marketing vehicles.
Here are 7 POWERFUL benefits to the reason why you should consider using YouTube in your marketing campaigns:
- It’s Free – Think about how much you would be spending on yellow page ads, billboards, etc. Those advertising methods are not free. However, YouTube is.
- Video Content Is Powerful – You have all heard that content is king. Well, video is content and some would consider it the king of kings (I personally agree). Like I said before, “people would rather watch their problems being solved rather that read about it”
- Virality – There are 2 different types of virality that I have learned. General and Relative.
General Virality is when a video has become popular by chance or if it is a celebrity.
Relative Virality – Is when your video or videos are produced in a way to target your audience. For instance… Let’s say that you have created a course on YouTube SEO, then your target audience would be small businesses and online marketers.
At any rate, YouTube had over 3 billion views a day, back in May of 2011. That means the potential for viewers is astronomical.
- Global and Local Audience – This one is my favorite because depending on the keywords that you are targeting, you can target the same audience in different regions of the world. That means that you have the potential for customers buying your product from all over the world.
- You Are Viewed As The Expert – When you are demonstrating your product or giving away some great valued tips and tricks. People begin to know that you are the guy or gal that they can trust.
- YouTube Is Always Selling For You – 24 hours a day and 7 days a week; Your message, product or service is being broadcasted. Which means more potential traffic to your site and more cash in ‘yo’ pocket.
- Video is SEO Friendly – This is the big kahuna. As you begin to learn how to optimize your YouTube videos. You will see the amount of views and traffic that you are getting to your site. However, there are some techniques that are ninja certified to get you more views. More views = More Traffic = More Cash In Yo Pocket.
With all of these benefits the question is, why wouldn’t you want to start using YouTube for your marketing?